TOP TEN TUESDAY: MY FAVOURITE YA BOOK COVERS

Sometimes I can’t help judging a book by its cover, and so, on this Top Ten Tuesday, I thought I’d take you through some of my favourite YA book covers!

CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE BY TOMI ADEYEMI

YA covers

A powerful and utterly mesmerising cover. I have yet to read it, but (I think) it’s going to be my ‘flight to New York’ read.

SARA BARNARD

Sara is a wonderful author, and I adore her covers. If you are in need of a collection of heart-warming reads, Sara is the author for you.

EMERY LORD

Emery is another wonderful author, with covers as beautiful as their contents. I have yet to read When We Collided, but The Start of Me and You and The Names They Gave Us are beautiful.

FRESHERS BY TOM ELLEN AND LUCY IVISON

It’s an underrated read, and I am in desperate need of more university set YA, but that’s a rant for another time. The colour and illustrations fit the novel wonderfully – it’s full of fun, and super refreshing. I can’t recommend it enough (so much so, that I may have to devote a post entirely to underrated YA, and spend the majority of it obsessing over this novel).

I WAS BORN FOR THIS BY ALICE OSEMAN

This is a wonderful novel. The cover, as I mention in my Top Five Book Surprises, happened to be the reason that I bought it in the first place. It’s somehow understated, yet vibrant, and subtle, yet quirky. And, having adored the novel, I can tell you that it fits very well.

UNCONVENTIONAL BY MAGGIE HARCOURT

Another cover bursting with colour and quirks! It’s another book that’s as lovely as its cover (though this one maybe more so) – you can find my review here.

SHE MUST BE MAD BY CHARLY COX

It’s somehow understated, yet powerful (and very enticing). If you’re in need of new poetry, you have to have this collection – it’s as powerful as its cover.

A SHIVER OF SNOW AND SKY BY LISA LUEDDECKE

I don’t think I’m in possession of a cover more fitting to its contents. It directly illustrates the essence of the incredible world Lueddecke builds – fearsome, but mesmerising. If you’d like to read my review, you can find it here.

LA BELLE SAUVAGE BY PHILIP PULLMAN

It’s wild, and reckless – containing a hint of the perilous journey that is to come. Sadly, the book itself is a little underwhelming (you can find a full review here), but you can’t deny that it has a wonderful cover.

THE CRUEL PRINCE BY HOLLY BLACK

Will there be a day that Emily doesn’t rave about The Cruel Prince, I hear you ask? Yes. When The Wicked King is released. But in truth, it’s an incredible cover. Subtle, yet enticing – it invites you in, and begs you to devour its contents. If you’d like to hear me rave about this book in detail, you can read my review here.

And that’s a wrap on my favourite YA book covers. Let me know your favourites in the comments!

Thank you for reading!

1. August 29, 2018 / 10:06 am

Yes yes YES. I agree with so many of these, esp. Sara Barnard and Charly Cox. I have She Must Be Mad sitting waiting on me getting round to reading it and I can’t WAIT.

August 29, 2018 / 8:35 pm

IT’S SO GOOD! I hope you like it. 💛

2. August 29, 2018 / 1:42 pm

I love the ‘children of blood and bone’ cover, I need to buy it and -she must be mad’ is a great cover- it has 100% made me want to buy it. I need to read the cruel prince too- very excited for it. Loved this post and you have given me books to add to my tbr so thank you.

August 29, 2018 / 8:36 pm

It’s beautiful! It might be my favourite of the lot. If I could, I’d personally buy all of my readers a copy of The Cruel Prince, because I want everyone to read it. Hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it!

• August 30, 2018 / 4:49 pm

It is amazing!! Haha we could all have a massive discussion about it. I have heard a lot of good things about it so I am sure I will. Hopefully I will have read it for when the sequel comes out in January next year.

3. eviebraithwaite
    August 29, 2018 / 6:46 pm

Oh I’m loving the cover of Unconventional, haven’t read it though! Ahh I can’t wait for you to read Children of Blood and Bone, such a beautiful cover for such a beautiful book!! I always reach for books with pretty covers ngl, really doesn’t do my bank account any favours 😭 loved this!

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

August 29, 2018 / 8:38 pm

It’s as lovely as the cover! Me too! Will hopefully get reading on holiday! Me and you both. Thank you! 😂

4. Emily
    August 29, 2018 / 8:37 pm

It’s as lovely as the cover!

5. Lupe Hernandez
    August 29, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Honestly if a cover of the title doesn’t grab my attention I wont look at it. These are really bright, unique covers that seem like such interesting tales!

August 29, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Unless there are lots of great reviews, then I am exactly the same! I need a nice to cover to reel me in. 😊

6. August 29, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Those are all so pretty, especially the first 2! I am one who finds new books to read based on the pretty covers, lol. I sometimes go to a bog book store and scan the pretty ones into my goodreads app and then add to my TBR list at the library 😉

August 29, 2018 / 10:28 pm

I do a really similar thing! Partly because I’m enticed by the cover, but also because it lets me check the reviews before I buy them!

7. August 29, 2018 / 9:10 pm

I’m completely with you! I know you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover but if it’s not eyecatching or beautiful enough I probably won’t give it a second glance! I can’t wait to read I Was Born For This, it’s on my TBR!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

August 29, 2018 / 10:29 pm

It’s really important that a book have a beautiful cover – it’s the first thing you see. If it doesn’t catch my eye, then, you’re right, I’ll probably look right past it. It’s so good. I hope you love it! 💛

8. August 29, 2018 / 10:04 pm

Aw these are all so cute and I’ve actually never read any of these so I’ll have to fix that! I know you shouldn’t judge a book bu it’s cover but I totally do sometimes!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

August 29, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to read. Don’t worry – judging by the comments, I think we all do. 😂

9. August 29, 2018 / 10:28 pm

I’ve found my next two reads from your list — just from the covers! I’m so happy I’m not the only one that sometimes judges from the outside!

August 29, 2018 / 10:30 pm

That makes me so happy! I hope you love whatever you picked. You’re definitely not, don’t worry! 😊

August 31, 2018 / 4:21 pm

I’ll definitely check those out!

10. September 1, 2018 / 9:53 pm

These YA book covers look amazing!! I especially love the cobab and the book of dust covers!