SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD

Imogen nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and has officially stolen my heart! Thank you so much, Imogen – you are such a lovely ray of sunshine to have in my life. If you want to check out her blog (which I highly recommend you do), then you can head on over here.

This award revolves around bringing positivity to the blogging community, and inspiring others to do the same. As it is voted for by other bloggers, there are a few rules that you have to adhere to.

Rules:

Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them.
Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.

Imogen’s 11 Questions:

What has helped you the most to get you where you are today in blogging?

The blogging community on Twitter! Everyone that I have interacted with is so wonderful and supportive. I feel so motivated by their encouragement and excitement, and feel equally wonderful watching as they grow and shine. I love them all.

How did you get into blogging?

I attempted many blogs in my teenage years, because I was obsessed with Zoe (Zoella), Tanya and Louise, but was too shy to post anything in video format. But I was inadvertently replicating their style, and, as a result, abandoned every attempt because I didn’t enjoy it; it didn’t feel authentic, and I wasn’t motivated.

One day, I discovered Lucy Powrie – booktuber, book blogger at Queen of Contemporary (and soon to be PUBLISHED FREAKING AUTHOR). Until that moment, I didn’t have a clue that there was a section of the internet devoted entirely to books. It felt like the perfect fit the moment that I realised, and so Yes Whale was born.

Is there anything that you would change about your blog at the moment?

I am SO happy with the design (I love you, pipdig), but I would love to include more university related content. I am planning a few different pieces at the moment, but please let me know if there is anything that you’d like to see.

What are you looking forward to in the future?

For Yes Whale: I want to continue to create (and enjoy creating) and hopefully watch my little corner of the internet grow. Receiving an ARC from a publisher would be the most incredible moment, if it ever arrived.

For me: I cannot WAIT to graduate (11 months to go), and hopefully start working in some way with books (whether in selling or publishing), and get to work writing and publishing my own.

Name three blogs you love.

I am adoring Tara, Clementine and Charlotte at the moment – three lovely women, with great content, and beautiful layouts.

What is your favourite post you’ve ever written?

It is a tie between Release (a short story written for a university module that took a lot of courage to post), and my most recent – the first instalment of Bloggers of the Month – because it was such a lovely post to write, and the reaction was so overwhelmingly positive. I’m glad that I could make so many people smile.

Toilet paper, over or under?

OVER. ALWAYS OVER
ALWAYS
ALWAYS
ALWAYS
OVER.

If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?

Brighton – a lovely town, with even lovelier people. It is one of my favourite places. I WANNA GO BACK NOW.

What’s your favourite joke?

How do you find Will Smith in the snow?

Look for the fresh prints.

Fresh Prince

Pet peeve, what is it?

Members of the public that are rude to service staff for things that are out-with our control – there’s no need.

List three random facts about yourself.

I am awful at listing facts. I was asked to do it in an introductory seminar recently, and my tutor kicked it off with, “Hi, I’m Dorothy, and I was born on the side of a volcano.” How do you top that?

Bananas are great. If I could live on a diet solely consisting of bananas, I would.

I have lived in about 11 different houses (across two different towns and one city) in my life.

My 11 Questions:

Why did you pick the blog name that you did?
Name a blog that inspires you.
What is your favourite aspect of your blog?
Best blogging tip?
If you were only able to watch one film for the rest of your life, what film would you choose and why?
Where do you write the majority of your blog posts?
What is your favourite item that you own?
You are stranded on a desert island, but have your three favourite books with you – what are they?
Fruits or vegetables?
What is the main aim of your blog?
Any goals for the rest of 2018? List them below, and let us help you reach them.

Sunshine Blogger Award

I AM NOMINATING: Clementine Rose, Katie and Harry, Tara, Amy, Rachel
Emily Aagaard, Lizzie, Jo, Jamie, Evie, and Amy and Laura.

I am so excited to see the nominee’s responses!

Thank you for reading.

1. July 29, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Yes! Congrats, you deserve it 🙂

July 29, 2018 / 6:39 pm

Thank you so much, Ada! 💛

2. July 29, 2018 / 7:01 pm

I love this blog post – your answers make me feel so positive and inspired to work on my blog! Lovely post ✨

Soph | http://www.lovesoph.co.uk

July 29, 2018 / 8:52 pm

Thank you, Sophie! That makes me so happy to hear! ☺️

3. July 29, 2018 / 9:08 pm

Thank you so much for the nomination! Can’t wait to write my post 🌻

July 29, 2018 / 9:20 pm

You’re welcome, Lizzie! You deserve it! I can’t wait for the first instalment of Eleri’s Kingdom! 💛

• July 31, 2018 / 12:57 pm

I’ve just scheduled the first post for tomorrow! 😀 -L x

4. July 29, 2018 / 9:12 pm

I absolutely love Brighton too! Also, when I first started blogging I found that the Twitter community are the most supportive as well! They’re such a great boost at the beginning.

Jas xx

July 29, 2018 / 9:23 pm

It’s a wonderful place! I still can’t believe how supportive and encouraging they have been. I couldn’t be more grateful. 😊

5. July 29, 2018 / 9:17 pm

Congratulations on your nomination! I loved reading your answers, I’ve never heard that Will Smith joke before so that made me giggle and sorry but no! toilet paper should always be under!! I’m sure this question is going to start a huge debate in your comments!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

July 29, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Thank you! It’s such a silly joke, but it gets me every time. But it’s so much easier over! You gotta do you, but I’m definitely sticking to over. 😂

6. July 29, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Loved learning more about you!

7. July 29, 2018 / 9:57 pm

Ah I love bananas too, aren’t they one of THE best fruits!? Being born on the side of a volcano is pretty damn special… and good luck on graduating and whatever comes after, I’m sure you’ll smash it whatever you end up doing!
    Alice Xx

July 29, 2018 / 10:14 pm

Yes! So many people disagree with me on this, but I love them! I know – I was totally gobsmacked. Thank you so much, Alice. 💛

8. July 29, 2018 / 10:09 pm

I started my blog beccause I love writing too. My first ever post was actually a little short story. I started off with Nano wrimo in high school and loved it. And I’ve never been to brighton but it looks like a lovely place!

July 29, 2018 / 10:15 pm

Really? That’s lovely! It is such a wonderful place – would definitely recommend if you ever happen to be near. 😊

9. July 29, 2018 / 10:11 pm

I do love these tag posts. I too am awful at listing facts about myself so these posts take me forever to write!

(Fabulous gif usage by the way)

Louisa | http://www.loubeeloublogs.co.uk

July 29, 2018 / 10:17 pm

It’s so hard! I especially hate when you’re asked to do it in front of lots of people you don’t know as an “ice breaker”. It’s so awkward. Thank you! 😂

10. July 29, 2018 / 10:16 pm

What a lovely post and thank you so much for our nomination. We’re separated by an ocean right now but as soon as we’re reunited, we will respond together! 😍 Amy and Laura ~Flawkward.com

July 29, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Yay! You two are so cute. Your blog always makes me smile, and that’s exactly what this award is all about. I couldn’t think of two people more deserving. 💛

11. July 30, 2018 / 12:12 am

Congratulations on winning the sunshine blogger award! I can totally relate to you when it comes to attempting to start a blog numerous times. It’s great that you found the right resources to keep your blog going strong at this moment. Keep it up! ♥

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

July 30, 2018 / 6:22 am

Thank you! It certainly took me a while to find something I was happy with, but I’m so glad I did. 😊

12. July 30, 2018 / 10:53 am

Congrats!! I’ve been nominated as well and I’ve just posted my replies! I love posts like this it’s great to get to know the person behind the blog

July 30, 2018 / 11:20 am

Yay! Congrats! Just read your post – it’s lovely. Me too. I always think it shows a different, more personal side of a blogger’s personality that is really nice to see. 😊

13. July 30, 2018 / 2:23 pm

I love these kind of posts, I’m so nosey haha! That joke is excellent – I will 100% be using that in the future. And as for the pet peeve – that is also one of mine, I just don’t get it?!

Liz | naturalhazardsandmore.wordpress.com

July 30, 2018 / 5:54 pm

Me too! Haha, thanks. I can’t even remember where I heard it, but it’s so silly that I love it. I know! What’s the need? It makes no sense at all. 🤔

14. July 31, 2018 / 10:54 am

I love these kinds of posts, it was so interesting to read your answers! I’m awful at listing facts about myself too haha xx

August 1, 2018 / 12:10 pm

I love them too! I like getting to know more about bloggers that I enjoy. I always get so tongue tied and forget everything about myself. 😂

15. July 31, 2018 / 11:21 am

this is such a fun post to read through – i definitely agree witht eh toilet paper, alway over.

i hope you get your first ARC froma publisher soon, its the most exciting thing – are you in contact with jamiedoesPR on twitter? keep an eye on her tweets for sure 😉

August 1, 2018 / 12:12 pm

Always! Thank you! It just sounds stupidly exciting! I’m not, but I’ll give her a follow. Thank you for the heads up! 😊

August 1, 2018 / 12:13 pm

Thank you!

16. July 31, 2018 / 12:20 pm

Hey! If you want to receive an ARC from a publisher, you should definitely email one! I’m rooting for you. DM me on Twitter if you need help! I’m over at twitter.com/avidreaderdiary

August 1, 2018 / 12:15 pm

I wouldn’t have a clue how to structure it, so definitely look out for a DM from me! Thank you so much! 💛

17. July 31, 2018 / 12:46 pm

Congratulations! It was nice to get to know you better through this post. 🙂

August 1, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Thank you! I’m glad – I think I’d like to do more personal posts, as this is a super popular comment. I’m glad you enjoyed it! 💛

18. July 31, 2018 / 7:09 pm

Aw, I love this. Should do it on my blog. Very refreshing content! And toilet paper should ALWAYS be over!!

August 1, 2018 / 12:17 pm

Thank goodness, people have SENSE – of course it’s over! You should! I think readers love getting to know bloggers a little more! 😊

19. July 31, 2018 / 7:51 pm

Congratulations on the award, well deserved!

August 1, 2018 / 12:17 pm

Thank you!

20. August 1, 2018 / 8:05 pm

I love these kinds of posts, thank you so much for the tag! I am obsessed with bananas, like, I literally cannot go a day without having one. I’m also hoping to work with books/do something with writing, but what that will be, only time will tell haha. I’ve never been to Brighton! It looks like such a lovely seaside town, I need to go! Loved this Emily! x

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

August 2, 2018 / 8:39 pm

You’re welcome! I buy way more bunches than is necessary. I wish there was more direction for people that wanted to work in industries like that – other than unpaid internships, and others that are impossible to get. It is so beautiful – would definitely recommend a trip. Thank you! 😊

21. August 1, 2018 / 9:04 pm

I love reading these kinds of blog posts and getting to know people more! I also abandoned a couple of blogs too before starting the one I have now haha x

Ashleigh | ashleighwrites.co.uk

August 2, 2018 / 8:41 pm

Me too! It’s definitely worth it to find the one you’re happy with. 😊

22. Princess
    August 3, 2018 / 7:19 pm

Congratulations on your award! I love the Will Smith gif! And yes ARCs would be wonderful😊

August 3, 2018 / 8:10 pm

Thank you so much! It was such a funny find! Hopefully one day we’ll both receive one. 😊

23. August 4, 2018 / 5:07 pm

Congratulations on the award! 🙂 You are 100% right to be proud of your blog design, it looks so pretty, I love what pipdig does, they are brilliant with their designs and I’m in love with everything they do 🙂
    I love Brighton – it is such a lovely city, I only went once but I loved it there 😀 Hopefully you’ll get to go back soon! 🙂

August 5, 2018 / 11:05 am

Thank you! What a lovely comment. I know – their customisation options are ENDLESS. I’m always looking at new fonts, and new ways to structure things, but I’ll never exhaust the endless options that they have. It is so beautiful! I can’t wait to go back. 😊